Seeking 'DOM filters'

Simon St.Laurent simonstl at simonstl.com
Sun Jan 10 19:15:04 GMT 1999

At 01:43 PM 1/10/99 -0500, Jonathan Borden wrote:
>Does an XSL or DSSSL transformation count?

Provided it takes its input as a standard DOM tree, and returns its output
as a standard DOM tree, without relying on parser-specific implementations
outside the W3C DOM spec, I'd be happy to include it.  Most likely, given
the DOM spec, it would be written in Java, but I'd be willing to mention
and examine DOM implementations in JavaScript or other languages.

(Yes, I realize that trees are a little stranger to 'filter' than events.)

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer / Cookies
Sharing Bandwidth
Building XML Applications (March)