XML - NG

Jarle Stabell jarle.stabell at dokpro.uio.no
Thu Jan 14 18:36:14 GMT 1999

Ogievetsky, Nikita wrote:

> If we just could supply XML text element with datatype attribute,
> something like...
> <DONT dt:type="cdata">&<this tag is not parsed>&</DONT>
>  - equivalent to CDATA within <DONT> element but easier to read.

It would be very confusing (IMHO) if the value of a rather innocent looking
attribute decided how the parser should handle the parsing of the element,
I think it would be much better if the start tag had a special marker
somewhere, f.i "*" as in.
<DONT*>&<this tag is not parsed>&</DONT>

But, this is only day-dreaming of course...

Cheers,
Jarle

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)