XML Component API

Bill la Forge b.laforge at jxml.com
Sun Jan 17 17:44:29 GMT 1999

Oren,

This looks like you are treating SAX events and documents something like
Java bean events, and I wonder if it would be appropriate to conform to a greater
degree to the event method signature patterns.

I would also like to refer you to MDSAX, which you may find somewhat complimentary.
(It also provides an open-archecture for supporting alternatives to things like
namespaces, if that is the issue of the moment.)

http://www.jxml.com/mdsax/mdsaxintro.html

We are now viewing the current release as just one possible implementation of a
multi-document SAX-based framework. The next step will be to seperate and simplify
the api, while still providing a sample implementation.

It is open source software (BSD licence), but more than that, we really want to throw this
effort open to the entire XML development community.

Again, the work you are doing appears to be complimentary to ours, with the
producer/consumer interfaces providing an api for connecting various processes,
while MDSAX provides a means for defining a SAX-event process.

Bill