Ptr to Fast Well-Formed XML parser (Java)?

Joel Riedesel jriedese at jnana.com
Tue Jan 19 01:02:40 GMT 1999

Would someone remind me where a page to commercially available (usable
in a commercial environment - free or not) XML parsers is?

Barring that, I'm really looking for an extremely fast XML parser for
well-formed documents (not valid - no DTD).  We're using XML for our basic
API now and performance is a tad more important now.  (In java.)

I need to parse about 1500 characters, a dozen tags or so, about 800-1000
times a second (Sun Ultra 10).  I'm currently using xml4j (1.1.9?) (IBM's) which I've hacked
a bit so that I can reuse the Parser object and I'm only going about 1/3 as
fast as I'd like.... of course this parser I don't think is intended to be
really really fast.

Thanks.
(BTW, it's looking to me like XML and Java are entirely suitable for
ecommerce environments.  At this point I see XML as a nice open alternative
to RMI for some of my work and see the possibility of better performance for
certain aspects of what I'm trying to do - but that starts to stray from all
of what RMI really does do which I don't appear to need for these purposes.)

--
Joel Riedesel
Jnana Technologies Corporation
mailto:jriedese at jnana.com