Questions on DCD

Maneesha Jain Maneesha.Jain at Ebay.Sun.COM
Wed Jan 20 00:35:27 GMT 1999

Hi,

I have following questions on DCD. Any help would be a great help.

1)
If I define an ElementDef type "A", and then a ElementDef type "B"
which could contain two elements/members of type A. How do I define that ?

Can I do the following:

<ElementDef Type="A">
	<Element>foo</Element>
</ElementDef>

<ElementDef Type="B">
	<Element> Ist</Element>   (first member of type A)
	<Element> Second</Element>	(second member of type A)
</ElementDef>

<ElementDef Type="Ist" Model="Data" Datatype="A"/>
<ElementDef Type="2nd" Model="Data" Datatype="A"/>

Or is the value of attribute "Datatype" reserved to what is defined in the spec
?

2) Wish <Element> could allow <Description> just like <ElementDef>. Is it
possible ?

4) What is the syntax for defining multiple inheritance ?

5) Where is the DTD for DCD ?

6) Is there any site containing couple of examples for defining DCDs ?

Regards,
Maneesha

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)