value of "this" in IE5b2-XSL script

浜田 伸一郎 shinichiro.hamada at toshiba.co.jp
Wed Jan 20 09:39:10 GMT 1999

Hello, all.

I'm studying XSL with IE5b2 and then I encountered a strange phenomena which
bothers me very much.

I wrote a following XML and XSL based on a sample of MS web page. These
files should show XML's element values with using XSL's "this" keyword and
Javascript. But IE5b2 sometimes shows so, and sometimes shows nothing! That
is why? IE5b2's bug?

Do I misunderstand anything on XSL? Please give me any advices.
Thank you in advance.
Regards.

--
Shinichiro HAMADA

---- simple.xml ----
<?xml version='1.0'?>
<?xml:stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="simple.xsl" ?>

<breakfast-menu>

  <food>
    <name>Belgian Waffles</name>
    <price>$5.95</price>
  </food>

  <food>
    <name>Strawberry Belgian Waffles</name>
    <price>$7.95</price>
  </food>

</breakfast-menu>

---- simple.xsl ----
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<xsl:script>
function PutSrc() { return "" + this };
</xsl:script>

  <xsl:for-each select="breakfast-menu/food">
      elements:<br/>
      <xsl:eval>PutSrc()</xsl:eval>
  </xsl:for-each>

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)