Generating XML

Bill la Forge b.laforge at jxml.com
Wed Jan 20 17:58:15 GMT 1999

Is this one of those areas where we could really use an additional
(optional) interface on DOM elements?

I usually just call normalize on the sub-tree in question and then
generate the XML while doing a tree transversal. But it would be
nice to check each individual element and see if it implements
a write interface, which would indicate that it is taking responsibility
for the XML composition for itself and its subordinate elements.

Bill