Questions on DCD

Maneesha Jain Maneesha.Jain at Ebay.Sun.COM
Wed Jan 20 21:50:44 GMT 1999

Hi Arnold,

Thanks for the response. I guess I was looking for a way to represent following
java class in DCD syntax.

In java-->

class Kid
{
	Person mother;    *****
	Person father;
}

In DCD -->

<ElementDef Type="Kid">
	<Element>Person</Element>
	<Element>Person</Element>
</ElementDef>

<ElementDef Type="Person">
 	<Element>Name</Element>
 	<Element>Address</Element>
</ElementDef>

What I don't understand is where in DCD can I specify that the "Ist Person"
information is about the "mother" and "Second Person" information is about
"father". In concept, I was looking for a way to specify the "type" and "name"
for a <Element> just like in java definition marked as (*****).

Regards,
Maneesha

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)