Fw: Next Round

Oren Ben-Kiki oren at capella.co.il
Thu Jan 21 17:12:34 GMT 1999

Bill la Forge <b.laforge at jxml.com> wrote:
>Then to raise again a previous suggestion from Don, we could simply extend
the
>functionality of the Parser.setDocumentHandler method by checking to see if
the
>lexical processor interface is implemented. And again, for non-Java
languages,
>the DocumentHandler interface should implement an isInstanceOf method.

Ugh. What's wrong with adding setLexicalHandler? feel free to give the same
object both to it and to setDocumentHandler. Or, if the two are _that_
close, add a getLexicalHandler method to the DocumentHandler interface; it
could return null, 'this', or anything you want. I'd argue that in this case
its better to  simply add the events to the DocumentHandler interface; the
BaseHandler will define them to a no-op anyway.

There's no need to rely on 'instanceOf' kludges.

Share & Enjoy,

    Oren Ben-Kiki

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)