XML pages from Databases

Livingstone, Stephen Livinsb at rbos.co.uk
Mon Jan 25 12:23:40 GMT 1999

A bit of advice please !

I am looking to implement a system which creates XML pages dynamically
from information which we shall store in a database using asp and xsl.
This data should be searchable and shall be used in a web application.

Does anyone have any advice on the best ways to do this??

Should just the data be stored in the database? Or should the marked-up
data be stored in the database? Should we have a combination of these by
using structured columns of marked up data?

Anybody got any opinions?

thanks for responses..

steven
Steven Livingstone BSc MSc GradInstP
Corporate Systems Development (TCN)
Royal Bank Of Scotland.
> *: mailto:livinsb at rbos.co.uk
> *:  +44 0131 523 4354 [x24354]

Networking Technical Associates,
Glasgow, Scotland.
> *: mailto:ntw_uk at hotmail.com
> *: +44 07771-957-280

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only.  If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer.

'Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure. The Royal Bank of Scotland plc does not accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent.'

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)