Ptr to Fast Well-Formed XML parser (Java)?

Michael.Kay at icl.com Michael.Kay at icl.com
Tue Jan 26 12:01:47 GMT 1999

> > It so happens I did some recent measurements as follows:
> >
> > SAX parsers:
> > xp         4387 ms
> > oracle     7862 ms
> > xml4j      7771 ms
> > sun        3736 ms
> >
> > DOM implementations:
> > sun        9634 ms
> > xml4j     11677 ms
> > oracle     9784 ms
> > docuverse 10685 ms (using xp parser)
>
> Thanks.
> And what is your bench configuration?
> Parser versions, computer, OS, memory, JVM, ...? -  Didier Bolf.

You're asking me to do the job properly! I only had half an hour...

Computer: Fujitsu Technicl, Intel Pentium II processor (how do I find out
which?)
OS: Windows NT 4.0 Workstation
Memory 64Mb
JVM: Sun Java 2 (JDK 1.2)

This is a bit irrelevant as the main variable is the data file: any
properly-done benchmark would use a public domain data file (or preferably a
selection), whereas mine unfortunately was confidential.

Mike Kay

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)