Why SAX needs namespace support
david at megginson.com
Thu Jan 28 01:59:54 GMT 1999
len bullard writes:
> <aside>Has anyone created a list of the top characteristics of an
> application make it most amenable to using markup? We've tossed
> around parts of this on this list but I've not seen a thumbnail
> version one could give to a manager that "they will
Here are some, off the top of my head:
1. Need to work outside of a closed system.
2. Need to work across different hardware and software platforms.
3. Need to capture and save information snapshots.
4. Need to pass hierarchical information among components.
5. Need to have control over granularity of information.
6. Need to use information for different purposes.
7. Need to develop a single hub format for conversion.
8. Need to generate and test data easily (look how clear-text
protocols like SMTP and HTTP won the world).
9. Want that cool web buzz.
All the best,
David Megginson david at megginson.com
xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:xml-dev at ic.ac.uk
Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/
To (un)subscribe, mailto:majordomo at ic.ac.uk the following message;
To subscribe to the digests, mailto:majordomo at ic.ac.uk the following message;
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)
More information about the Xml-dev