Namespaces doc.

Adam M Donahue amd0978 at acf3.nyu.edu
Fri Jan 29 21:32:55 GMT 1999

In the XML Namespaces specification, section 5.2:

	If the URI reference in a default namespace declaration is empty,
	then unprefixed elements in the scope of the declaration are not
	considered to be in any namespace.

Then, a few lines below:

	The default namespace can be set to the empty string.  This has
	the same effect, within the scope of the declaration, of there
	being no default namespace.

Is not the second sentence redundant?  I know this is a trivial point, but
I'm used to specs being concise without much repeating information.  I'm
wondering if I'm missing some point of difference between these two
sentences.

Adam

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)