XML for forms

Gavin McKenzie gmckenzi at JetForm.com
Mon Jul 5 22:26:49 BST 1999

Ooops...pardon me, something unfortunate has just been brought to my
attention.

Gavin McKenzie wrote:
> Sign yes. Include no.  It requires that content (data) and

My comments might lead somebody to believe that I am attempting to clarify
the position of XFDL -- if it isn't already obvious from the domain of my
email address, I am doing no such thing -- obviously based on my previous
emails I have a professional bias on this topic towards the body of work
known as XFA.  I am speaking for my own opinions and the XFA specifications.

When I said, "It requires that..." I was not speaking of XFDL, which I
cannot speak for.  Rather, I was generally stating that "Non-repudiation
(often) requires that the context and presentation be signed...".

People (customers) have a wide range of requirements that are not best
served by a single simple solution.  Persisting presentation and data
together isn't required or necessary.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)