archetype refinement in XML Schemas

Hank Oxford hoxford at dtai.com
Mon Jul 5 23:32:24 BST 1999

As I'm busily working on implementing some tools to work with the XML
Schema WD I came across a question I thought would be good to throw in
here for discussion.

It seems to me that handling refinement of archetypes is going to be a
pain with the way the archetype and refines tags are set up in the XML
Schema WD.  The modified attributes are outside of the refines tag which
makes it more difficult to match the changes with the originals.  I
liked the model SOX used for implements and extends much better.

Has anyone else looked at this at all?  Any opinions?

--
Hank Oxford                                    DTAI, Incorporated
hoxford at dtai.com                               3900 Harney St Suite 210

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)