XML based site, DTD from XML available

Miloslav Nic nicmila at vscht.cz
Mon Jul 12 07:09:27 BST 1999

A couple of months ago we started an open source project called Zvon
which tries to support free information exchange.
You will find details on the page
http://zvon.vscht.cz/ZvonHTML/Zvon/zvonHomepage_en.html .

XML, DTD, XSL and Perl scripts are available for download for every
page.
Different DTD's are produced from single XML template. The individual
DTDs are generated with XSL transform.
You can download entire site including XML sources and XSL and Perl
scripts

There is a few other features which demonstrate that relatively complex
WEB authoring and administration can be done with a few free general use
programs and a bit of average programming.

BTW. There was some heated debate about usefulness of XSL. It takes some
time to get used to it, but then XSL(T) is just magnificent for work
with
XML text. You source is written in XML, you are writing program in XML
and yours output is XML, I do find it mentally very convenient.

Dr. Miloslav Nic                        e-mail: nicmila at vscht.cz
Department of Organic Chemistry         TEL: +420 2 2435 5012
ICT Prague (VSCHT Praha)                     +420 2 2435 4118
    				        FAX: +420 2 2435 4288