Create Node Problem

Eddie Shipman Eddie at acadsoft.com
Fri Jul 16 16:46:53 BST 1999

It will be in response to another record from the database
being posted to the XML file.

I am building this file to be sent via stream to a special
web server to parse it into Oracle so I wanted to use their
XML format as shown below.

When I do this: {Delphi code}

      oXMLDoc := CreateOleObject('Microsoft.XMLDOM');
      oRoot := oXMLDoc.CreateNode('element', 'ROWSET','');
      oXMLDoc.AppendChild(oRoot);
      RS.MoveFirst;
      x := 1;
      while not RS.EOF do
      begin
        oNode := oXMLDoc.CreateElement('ROW');
        oXMLDoc.DocumentElement.AppendChild(oNode);
        oAttr := oXMLDoc.CreateAttribute('ID');
        oXMLDoc.DocumentElement.SetAttributeNode(oAttr);
        oXMLDoc.DocumentElement.SetAttribute('ID',IntToStr(x));

it places the attribute on the <ROWSET> line when it should be on the
<ROW> line i.e. <ROWSET ID="1">

How would I get the attribute on the NODE like this <ROW ID="1">?

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)