XED 0.5 released

Henry S. Thompson ht at cogsci.ed.ac.uk
Tue Jul 20 19:08:23 BST 1999

I'm pleased to announce a major upgrade release of XED, my XML-aware
text editor.  The major changes since the last release are DTD
processing for seeding the element and attribute menus and a
reasonable set of help files.  See

  http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/~ht/xed.html

for details and download information.

>From the CHANGES file:

Change log through v0.5 as released

Changes from v0.4.1.2 as released:

Features:
  Tries to install XED as editor for XML and XSL files
  Will read DTDs, can specify DTD for DOCTYPE of New documents, uses DTD
   to initialise element and attribute menus
  Can save preferences (including font-size and Run command) (see
   Options/Preferences)
  Large deletions, and undoing thereof, much improved
  Fast recovery from replacing large files
  Reasonable start on HELP files (WIN32: .HLP; UN*X: .html)

Bug fixes:
  Lots of small ones
  Copies of empty elements no longer confused with originals
  Plugged some more holes wrt creating ill-formed comments, CDATA sections, PIs
  Major rework of attribute and tag menu construction, enabling much
   larger DTDs to be handled, e.g. docbookx.

ht

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)