Javascript in XSL problem

Simon Hargreaves simon at openthought.com
Tue Jul 27 18:56:35 BST 1999

I'm having trouble passing the current node to a javascript/ECMAScript
in an XSLT parser, I'm using the lotusxsl java implementation with the
IBM DOM java classes.

I'm trying to call the javascript function

        function addNode(nodeN){

    }

    with the xsl
    ------------
    <xsl:copy-of select="lxslt:addNode(.)"/>
---------------
    {lxslt:addNode(.)}
----------------
    <xsl:variable name="currentn" select="."/>
    <xsl:copy-of select="lxslt:addNode($currentn)"/>

But I just get the data passed as ResultTreeFrag and I can't get any
kind of child data or document data from it.

    Can anybody help, there is nothing of use on the lotus site or in
the documentation, and it doesn't help that it is using the lotus API in
the javascript and not the DOM bindings for ECMAScript.

            Simon...

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)