XMLNews-Meta and XMLNews-Story

Jonathan Eisenzopf eisen at pobox.com
Wed Jul 28 21:10:16 BST 1999

yimin zhu wrote:

> I have been reading through the documentation of XMLNews-Meta and
> XMLNews-Story and it seems to me that XMLNews-Meat is a superset of
> XMLNews-Story (which is implied in the documentation). However, when I read
> the XMLNews-Story specifications I didn't see any connections with
> XMLNews-Meta. I am confused about what is going on. Can anybody help me out?

>From my understanding from reading the tutorial and spec, it is a meta format that contains
information "about" a particular XMLNews story. It's relationship to XMLNews is loosely
analagous to the role between the RDF Site Summary (RSS) and the actual story whose content
is usually HTML. So, it contains information like byline, headline, release date, expire
date, language, classification, as well other optional elements that might be used in news
syndication.

Jonathan.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)