RDF Sample, ICAO Airport Codes

Didier PH Martin martind at netfolder.com
Fri Jul 30 21:53:20 BST 1999

Hi David,

In fact, originally RDF was designed to provide metadata about resources.
However, we can say that its rich definition constructs make it a perfect
candidate to data exchange. Or said differently, a way to exchange data base
data. A RDF element or description could be easily associated to a record.

We can then say that RDF provided some interesting side effects  not
necessarily originally intended :-).

In your example you used URLs and more particularly http based URLs, I am
not so sure it is the right kind of URI to uniquely identify a record or
more particularly to uniquely identify a record in an exchange format
between databases. It would be better to employ a location independent or
more simply a protocol agnostic URI for the element's identification.

regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind at netfolder.com
http://www.netfolder.com