Status of XML-Data

Charles Frankston cfranks at microsoft.com
Tue Jun 1 02:26:29 BST 1999

As Daniel Veillard has already pointed out, submissions to the W3C are
effectively frozen in time and don't get updated or corrected.

However, although the XML-Data submission was not revised, work did continue
on XML-Data concepts.  The XML parser that ships with IE5 supports
validation against a schema language that is descended from (and a subset
of) XML-Data.  See
http://msdn.microsoft.com/xml/XMLGuide/schema-overview.asp (bonus points if
you can identify the typos there as well).

This language has also been used as one of the inputs to the W3C XML Schema
work that is currently ongoing.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)