Confusion while implementing the DOM.

Kihyun Yoon abird at seedvr.com
Thu Jun 3 02:17:43 BST 1999

Thu, 03 Jun 1999=BF=A1, Don Park =C0=DB=BC=BA=C7=D1 =B1=DB:
>> Andrew Douglas wrote,
>> > The standard I've got states that a DocumentFragment is
>> > a Node (or at least, it does in the Java headers I've
>> > got).  That was my mistake, I think.
>>
>> No mistake. A DocumentFragment *is* a Node. But if you
>> try and insert it into the tree, you'll find that a
>> conforming implementation will throw a
>> HIERARCHY_REQUEST_ERR.
>
>Actually, inserting a DocumentFragment 'node' into a tree should insert =
the
>child nodes of the DocumentFragment (leaving it empty).
>
>HERARCHY_REQUEST_ERR exception should be thrown only if any of the child
>nodes can not be inserted.  State of the tree after partially sucessful
>DocumentFragment insertion is unspecified in the spec.  My implementatio=
>revokes the entire operation leaving the tree and the DocumentFragment
>unchanged.
really?
In, w3c's document, the following statements appear.
 - this results in all the child nodes of the DocumentFragment being
    moved to the child list of this node.
Umm, above "moved" word means what?
  copy-and-paste or cut-and-paste?

The class that I had developed in java has DocumentFragment Object,
and this class's publish() method insert this DocumentFragment into=20
root Document's any Node. after invoking publish() method,=20
is it correct this class's DocumentFragment member has no child nodes?
or not.
If the original node's of DocumentFragment remained in DocumentFragment
object, I can change the DocumentFragment's childnode's.

How Current well-known DOM implementaions handles it?
especially OpenXML?

Best,

Kihyun Yoon.

--
"For the Peace of Hanul, Saram and Ttang."
Ki-hyun Yoon,
Email : abird at seedvr.com

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)