XHTML DTDs failing in IE5

Mark Birbeck Mark.Birbeck at iedigital.net
Thu Jun 3 20:39:27 BST 1999

Brandt Dainow wrote:
> I think IE5 is correct.  I saw the same problem with some
> DTD's from W3C.
> My understanding is that #FIXED should preceed a specific
> value described in
> chars.  Isn't that what a xmlns always contains?

I think I agree, Brandt. However, the DTDs for XHTML simply have xmlns
as a URI that is required, but only say what that namespace is in the
comments. Nowhere is it actually 'defined'.

It's annoying because if I remove the DOCTYPE declaration to get past
the parser, then I lose the ability to use ' ' and such-like.

Thanks for your reply,

Mark

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)