Posting Data Islands

Matthew Sergeant (EML) Matthew.Sergeant at eml.ericsson.se
Mon Jun 7 18:28:04 BST 1999

	The point of what I said about namespaces was that XML data islands
are non-standard, and IE only. What would be better (IMHO) than the ugly
non-standard bastardised HTML tag addition of Data islands would be a way of
accessing an individual namespace embedded within an xhtml document, so
instead of having:

	Some xml below:
	<xml id="myisland">
		<root>
			<node1/>
		</root>
	</xml>

	You would have:

	Some namespace scoped XML below:
	<myisland:root>
		<myisland:node1/>
	</myisland:root>

	See what I mean?

	And then have some standardised (DOM) mechanism of accessing that
data. I know I've just opened up a huge kettle of fish here, so I'm going to
stand back as the worms spill out :)

	Matt.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)