XML Search Engines ...

james at xmlTree.com james at xmltree.com
Tue Jun 8 09:29:41 BST 1999

Dinesh

>Apologies for any recent repitition, but ...
>Could someone (or people) point me to the latest information
>on XML search engines ... Thank-you ...

The ones I'm aware of are

www.scoobs.com
- clever XML robot which allows you to search in context (like altavista)
www.ibm.com/xml
- plain XML robot  (like altavista)
www.xmltree.com
- directory of XML content (like yahoo) and XML interfaces

Walter Underwood tells me that Ultraseek Server 3.1 (in beta this month) will support the
contextual searching that scoobs supports.

Best regards,
James Carlyle

james at xmltree.com

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)