q: as/400 idiot-proof xml conversion tool

Mark Cheek mcheek at NetVendor.com
Thu Jun 10 14:01:43 BST 1999

does anyone know if software exists for the as/400 platform that would
make it easy for an as/400 database administrator to convert an xml
document to a flat file before mapping that flat file into their
database?  we're looking for something that is a GUI or command line
commercial product ready to work 'out of the box'.
the issue is that we provide an xml document to our customers and they
don't have the expertise to input that xml into their database - if
there was a tool available for them (they are NOT tech-savvy), then they
might be able to convert the xml into a flat file on the as/400 in the
format that they need to do the database insert.  also, it would be
wonderful if this xml tool could also do the reverse and convert a flat
file into an xml document for them to give us.... am I dreaming?
thanks for your time,
-mark cheek
p/s - I've been all over www.xmlsoftware.com but cannot find a tool that
fits this scenario.. most tools appear to be java or Perl modules that
you drop in to your existing projects...

..Mark Cheek..
''The two most important tools an architect has are the eraser in the
drawing room and the sledge hammer on the construction site.''
			 - Frank Lloyd Wright

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)