XSL Debate, Leventhal responds to Stephen Deach

Simon St.Laurent simonstl at simonstl.com
Fri Jun 11 19:31:50 BST 1999

At 01:05 PM 6/11/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Simon St.Laurent writes:
>
> > In any case, it's all going to come back to one lucky individual -
> > Tim Berners-Lee - and there isn't much the rest of us can do about
> > it except hope that he listens.
>
>In using the word "lucky", is Simon implying that he'd like to trade
>places with Tim B-L, and have his phone number on Microsoft's, IBM's,
>Sun's, Oracle's, Netscape's, and everyone else's speed dialers?  Heavy
>lies the head...

No, actually I was being sarcastic on lucky.  I just can't stand to use
smileys, so the deadpan creeps by unnoticed...  I don't envy him one bit -
it's a hell of a responsibility, and seems to be pretty thankless.

Maybe if/when we have XML email, I can rewrite that as "one <SARCSASM
NOTE="tough job">lucky</SARCASM> individual".

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer / Building XML Applications
Inside XML DTDs: Scientific and Technical (July)
Sharing Bandwidth / Cookies
http://www.simonstl.com

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)