detecting character set of an XML doc

Matthew Sergeant (EML) Matthew.Sergeant at eml.ericsson.se
Thu Jun 17 13:18:43 BST 1999

	Not each "character set" - but each encoding, yes. They all exhibit
different binary signatures, otherwise they would be the same... :)

	> If so, where can I find documentation on this?

	You can start with the XML spec, appendix B (I think it's B)
contains some brief information. Or John Cowan posted a C decoder which
detected the most common ones, or you can find my perl Apache module on
CPAN, which detects the character sets and encoding.

	Matt.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)