Variables

Sebastien Sahuc ssahuc at imediation.com
Thu Jun 17 23:08:36 BST 1999

Hi there,

I'll be direct : Is there a way to insert Variable on XML document ?

What I have in mind look like 'every where you need to put a variable
you'll insert a 'variable' tag'.

Suppose for instance that you have the following XML :
	<merchant>
		<address>
			<variable name="address">
		</address>
	</merchant>

Now, when you're processing the document, a context mechanism give the
value for any 'variable name'. That way the context mechanism resolve,
every time it see a 'variable' element, the value corresponding to the
name, so that at the, the document will look like:
	<merchant>
		<address>street address value</address>
	</merchant>

where street address value has replaced the 'variable' element.

Any comment ?

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)