XML parser available for navigating a DTD

Dirk Germonpre dirkg at tectrade.be
Fri Jun 18 10:06:25 BST 1999

Hello,

1)
I would like to use an XML parser to create XML documents conform to some
DTD.
Is it possible to parse a DTD and navigate the parse tree in order to
create an XML document on the fly, like it is possible to parse an XML
document and run through it using the DOM interface. This would allow me to
automate the creation of XML documents from some external data source,
conform to some DTD.
Does anyone know of such a parser being available?

2)
I am not sure what language to use for building an XML tool. The unicode
aspect and the availability of XML tools in Java drives me towards Java,
the performance aspect drives me to C++.
I wonder how much difference there is in performance between a Java parser
and a C++ parser. Can anyone give me some numbers in performance difference?

Thanks in advance.

Dirk Germonpré - dirkg at tectrade.be

Tectrade NV
Pieter de Conincklaan 33