Nested DTDs

Paul Prescod paul at prescod.net
Fri Jun 18 18:20:39 BST 1999

John Cowan wrote:

> Probably because people believed that SGML tools would be fairly
> important in XML work, at least in the beginning.  Except for nsgmls
> as a validity checker, I don't believe that turned out to be the case.

XML ended up breaking too many other SGML rules for this to happen. The
empty end tag syntax was the most serious example but there are others.

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

[Woody Allen on Hollywood in "Annie Hall"]
Annie: "It's so clean down here."
Woody: "That's because they don't throw their garbage away. They make
        it into television shows."

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)