Identy, philosophy, one-ness, fictional characters

Tim Bray tbray at textuality.com
Wed Jun 23 18:30:31 BST 1999

The lengthy discussions on philosophy and semantics have revealed beyond
doubt that this list comprises a world-class congregation of experts...
in syntax.

I don't want to be nasty, but I also don't want to wade through all this
fluff, and I do want to read xml-dev.  Diatribes are much more easy
to swallow when accomanied by specific proposals for syntax, APIs, data
models, and the like.  Arguments about the nature of identity are best
placed in environments where alcoholic beverages are available to grease
the wheels, and xml-dev doesn't qualify.  -T.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)