Create an instance of XMLDOM object

Giorgos Kaltekis mcaihgk4 at stud.umist.ac.uk
Sun Jun 27 02:28:31 BST 1999

Hello everybody.
I am a beginner in XML and as so I face a "crucial" problem that avoids
me from developing and running my application. I try to include an
instance of the "Microsoft.XMLDOM" class in an HTML page and use it but
failed.
When I tried by placing the <OBJECT> tag and using the classid that I
have registered in my computer, from the Microsoft Development
Environment (InterDev) a message box emerges: "An object has failed to
load. The object will be displayed as text".
Besides, when I use the command:
var parser=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM");
in Javascript I cannot use the tree nodes of DOM, which means that the
parser variable isn't a reference to the XMLDOM class.
If somebody has already faced the same or similar problem, I would be
glad to listen how he solved it.

cheers
George

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)