parsers for Palm?

Simon St.Laurent simonstl at simonstl.com
Mon Jun 28 17:49:14 BST 1999

At 10:39 PM 6/28/99 +0700, James Clark wrote:
>"Simon St.Laurent" wrote:
>
>> I think an Aelfred-like approach, which accepts XML but sacrifices 100%
>> checking for performance and size, would probably be most appropriate.
>> (With only 2MB of memory total, I think we'll be working with event-based
>> parsing only.)  Even Expat seems a bit large for this kind of work.
>
>Expat 1.1 added a compile-time option to allow a smaller (and slightly
>slower) parser.  With this option on Win32 it compiles into a single DLL
>that compresses to 23k.  Is that too large for Palm?

Nope!  23K is really what I was hoping for.  50K seemed like the ceiling,
10K seemed like too much to hope for.  I'll definitely take a look.

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer / Building XML Applications
Inside XML DTDs: Scientific and Technical (July)
Sharing Bandwidth / Cookies
http://www.simonstl.com

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)