Expat's DTD parsing and required callbacks

V Kalyana Chakravarthy vkalyan at wipsys.stph.net
Tue Jun 29 07:20:19 BST 1999

Hi,

I have started using expat parser very recently  and I have specific
requirement of knowing structure of the DTD. For example in the below case,

<!DOCTYPE flights [
<!ELEMENT flights (itinerary)+>
<!ELEMENT itinerary (a, b, c)>
<!ELEMENT a (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT b (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT c (#PCDATA)>
]>

I would like to know the heirarchy of the data that follows the above
prolog which might look something this,

flights
   itinerary

My requirement is to parse an xml file and display it in a list/table
format, for that I need column headers (or column names) which would be in
the document type definition. Can someone help me are there any specific
callback handlers apart from the default one in expat!

Thanks,
Kalyan

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)