Namespaces and DTDs

james anderson James.Anderson at mecomnet.de
Wed Mar 10 14:24:01 GMT 1999

yes; agreement on all points.
mr. harold is not the only one who would have benefitted.

the only aspect of which i can comprehend, is the claim, that, being able to
bind the prefixes over a dtd would have broken the rule that namespaces should
not "change the validity of a given document". which claim is true, but which
i believe to be fundamentally misdirected.

it's an old argument.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)