Namespaces and DTDs

len bullard cbullard at hiwaay.net
Thu Mar 11 11:54:40 GMT 1999

Jarle Stabell wrote:

> Richard Goerwitz  wrote:
> > (Simplicity _was_ one of XML's primary goals back in the dark ages last
> > February.)
>
> It seems to me that the SGML compatibility requirement killed simplicity.
> (And gave a very confusing and hard-to-learn vocabulary)

Or its inventors have discovered that assuming the mission of an
existing
mature standard without acknowledging the complexity of that mission
leads to
the same or worse complexity in the invention.

Darn.  Maybe LISP was the right language after all and forty years
of computer scientists just didn't "get it".

len

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)