Basic Question

Dan Rudman rudman at idetix.com
Fri Mar 12 14:02:05 GMT 1999

I apologize for the basic question in advance :)

With the wealth of XML libraries available, I am more and more inclined to
make use of these libraries to help me create, parse, and utilize my own tag
markup language to be embedded within an HTML document.  My understanding of
XML at this point is that it must be well-formed or a fatal error occurs.
If this is the case, how can I deal with the fact that most HTML documents
are NOT well-formed and that most HTML design tools do not enforce, require,
or even sometimes support, well-formedness in a document?

Things would be rosy if I didn't have to rely on HTML, but my application
requires it.

Thanks.

-- Dan