SAX2 RFD: LexicalHandler draft v.1.1

Bill la Forge b.laforge at jxml.com
Sun Mar 21 14:16:52 GMT 1999

From: David Megginson <david at megginson.com>

>Now, is this overkill?

No, its beautiful. I'm particularly delighted with access to the
doctype and comments. An application which strips out
comments when updating a document always seemed
unforgivably rude!

>Do we really need to know about CDATA sections

Debatable perhaps, but supported by the DOM. (Anyone know why?)
But I'd really like to see better SAX/DOM integration, so Yes!

>and the XML declaration?

I think this could be helpful when updating a document, the encoding
in particular. (An update should make the minimum necessary changes.)

Bill

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)