SAX2 RFD: LexicalHandler draft v.1.1

David Megginson david at megginson.com
Thu Mar 25 11:38:23 GMT 1999

Tim Bray writes:

 > David is right.  It's too late now, because DOM level 1 wrote
 > CDATA sections into the spec so we're stuck with 'em - it's a
 > pity we didn't have the infoset back then. (I assume it won't
 > include them, right David?) -T.

DOM 1.0 is a REC, and the beast must be fed.  As our published RD
mentions, we're aiming for DOM 1.0 compatibility, but the Infoset will
at least be able to distinguish what is required from what is optional
(the DOM has been deliberately silent on that point, keeping the faith
that some day there would be an Infoset).

All the best,

David

David Megginson                 david at megginson.com
           http://www.megginson.com/