Short Essay: Squeezing RDF into a Java Object Model

Paul Prescod paul at prescod.net
Mon May 3 22:42:35 BST 1999

"Roger L. Costello" wrote:

> David,
>
> I see where you are going with this - develop an API for RDF.  Out of
> curiosity, why isn't the SAX API adequate?  After all, RDF is just XML.
> Let the application deal with it.  /Roger

RDF has its own data model *expressed in* XML. In the same way, XML has a
data model expressed in Unicode. One could ask: "Why do we need an XML API
when every programming language has a character reading API." But the XML
data model is not the Unicode data model.

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

Diplomatic term: "We had a frank exchange of views."
Translation: Negotiations stopped just short of shouting and
             table-banging.
(Brill's Content, Apr. 1999)

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)