Dynamic HTML/PDF's

Serrat Jaime - jasr jasr at im.se
Wed May 12 18:34:39 BST 1999

Jeff wrote:

	>I need to find a way to make a PDF (or similar technology )
dynamic.

I'm not certain it's your solution, but check out Adobe's page describing
XFA.

http://www.xfa.com/specifications.html

XFA is a working draft specification submitted to the W3C by the JetForm
company as an extension to handling XML documents and data as forms. JetForm
has actually proposed two distinct documents: one describing a simple
scripting language optimized for creating e-form centric logic and
calculations, called XFA-Formcalc. The other, describes the open and
extensible construction of secure forms with high fidelity composition,
automated calculation and validation, pluggable user-interface components,
and flexible data handling, called: XFA-Template.
Good luck,

-- jaime "jim" serrat

Technical Manager of PDA08 - EDI Engine	Office: 	+1 609-797-3227
Product Development				Fax:	+1 609-797-6660
Industri-Matematik				Mobile:	+1 609-315-3338
Five Greentree Centre				Web:	http://www.im.se
Marlton, NJ 08053				Email:	jasr at im.se