Again wit da AND and Repetitions

Terje Norderhaug terje at in-progress.com
Thu May 13 21:54:22 BST 1999

At 11:36 AM 5/13/99, roddey at us.ibm.com wrote:
>I never really had any one say whether they thought that validation that
>included both AND connectors and M to N repetition for any of the connectors is
>feasible (meaning fast and compact and maintainable and verifiable in my
>opinion, but tell me if you disagree.)
>
>Does anyone believe that these can be done in less than brute force tree search
>times?

XML requires deterministic content models. This allows validators to do
their job without having to look more than one element ahead or do brute
force tree searches.

-- Terje <Terje at in-progress.com> | Media Design in*Progress

   Software for Mac Web Professionals at <http://www.in-progress.com>
   Take advantage of XML with Emile, the first XML editor for Mac.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)