A milestone in XML

Dave Winer dave at userland.com
Sat May 15 16:08:13 BST 1999

I haven't answered this question because I don't know the answer. Who knows
how anyone else thinks? Especially a big corporation that's just been
acquired by an even bigger corporation? Anyway, from my POV, CDF is a dead
horse. We did some work with it when it first came out, but it seemed
fairly useless and never went anywhere that I could see. Beyond that, I
have not got a clue what CDF was supposed to do that anyone wanted. RSS on
the other hand is quite useful, and lots of people are getting on the RSS
train, so of course we supported it enthusiastically. That's the big
picture from where I sit. Dave

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)