Letting well-formedness slip: was A milestone in XML

Jonathan Eisenzopf eisen at pobox.com
Mon May 17 18:09:34 BST 1999

"Matthew Sergeant (EML)" wrote:

> [...]

Of course, Matt's correct and I don't think we should back down on pressing the issue. It does beg the question, what to do with older parsers and XML files? Check the declaration before parsing or just ignore and let it fail? As long as it's not built into the parser one can easily handle the uppercase declarations.

Jonathan.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)