Non-XML documents to XML Converter?

DuCharme, Robert DuCharmR at moodys.com
Mon May 17 21:30:01 BST 1999

>Anyone have a tool that converts a document that is formatted in a
>non-XML syntax into XML?  I have tried Suli Ding's "Document to XML
>Converter" but it has so little documentation that I find it difficult
>to make heads or tails of it.  /Roger

"Non-XML syntax" is a pretty broad target. If a program is going to read
non-XML input and then use XML markup to identify its structure in the
output, it has to have some way of identifying the structure of the
input. This means being specialized to read specific kinds of input. For
example, Rick Geimer's RTF2XML (http://www.sesha.com/omlette/rtf2xml/)
reads RTF and outputs XML. What kind of input do you have?

Bob DuCharme       www.snee.com/bob       <bob@
snee.com>  see www.snee.com/bob/xmlann for "XML:
The Annotated Specification" from Prentice Hall.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)