Argh...Entities

Paul Prescod paul at prescod.net
Tue May 18 17:08:01 BST 1999

MURATA Makoto wrote:

> On the other hand, we cannot use SAX and DOM as is.

As is? No. But we can build on them. We have to build on them to make
schema parsers anyhow.

And if a particular application does not need the extended schema
information then it can work directly with the SAX 1 or DOM level 1.

> Existing XML infrastructure will not work any more.

We're just talking about a layer on top. XLink doesn't invalidate XML 1.0.
It just means you need another layer of tools to get the full meaning of a
document.

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

The dress code in Las Cruces New Mexico has been tightened [to] target
Gothic clothing, such as dark trench coats. "It is not a witch hunt"
Superintendent Jesse L. Gozales said. "It is for the safety of the kids
in our schools."  - Associated Press, May 16 1999

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)