XML-Data Reduced (XDR)

Jerry Howard jhoward at requisite.com
Tue May 18 18:34:34 BST 1999

I've seen several announcements about Microsoft's Biztalk initiative
being XML based and references to "XML-Data Reduced (XDR)". Does anyone
have pointers to more information on  this?

Here's the blurp from a press release announcement from last week:

> XML-Data Reduced (XDR), the preferred syntax for BizTalk, in the next
> version of cXML - XDR is an alternative to the Data Type Definitions
> (DTDs) that are outlined in the Extensible Markup Language standard and
> provides a richer way to define XML documents.

a URL for the whole artcile is at:
http://corp.ariba.com/News/AribaArchive/biztalk.htm

Jerry

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)