XML chaos

Mark Cheek mcheek at NetVendor.com
Tue May 18 21:41:33 BST 1999

first, to state the obvious.. i am an XML newbie.  i have been all over
the web researching the tools, API's and specs out there - but a few
questions remain.
i am a c++ contractor assigned to read and write XML documents using
java.  our questions:  is SAX supposed to be a plug-in API for this
purpose.. or, should we be using one of the Sun or IBM products?  the
SAX is an event-based parser - but is the Sun product tree-based?  i
guess what we are asking is:  what is the 1) simplest XML reader/writer
java product out there and 2) the most efficient?  we've noticed the Sun
product beats IBM in the benchmarks, but we're wondering if we need the
Sun product or could we just drop SAX into our product and read/write
our XML documents immediately.....?????
sorry for the convoluted rambling,
-mc

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)